Lower taxes, less regulation, and stronger fiscal discipline within state government will ensure that Tennessee enjoys a strong economy.
“Tennessee is one of the lowest taxed states in the nation – I am committed to keeping it that way. My wife and I were proud ‘horn honkers’ during the income tax battle, and I will continue to oppose any effort to institute a state income tax.”
- No state income tax
- Focused on building a strong pro-business economy that preserves existing jobs while creating new opportunities
- Helping our small businesses succeed, ensuring their doors stay open and the jobs they create are protected
The success of our community is measured in great part by the quality of our schools.
“I understand the challenges facing those who stand at the front of our children’s classrooms and have enormous respect for the teachers who dedicate themselves to educating our children.”
- Working to ensure our education dollars are spent directly in our classrooms instead of funding inflated bureaucracies and big administrations
- Believes parents should remain in control of their children’s education
- Supports the expansion of charter schools to provide more options to parents of children in failing schools
Our Tennessee Values
In these challenging times, strong families are the cornerstone of our success.
“When it comes to our family values, there is no compromise – because every life is worth protecting, and our values are worth defending.”
- Co-sponsored resolution to take the abortion debate out of the hands of activist judges and put it into the
hands of the people
- Believes marriage must remain the sacred union of one man and one woman
Endorsed by Tennessee Right to Life
We must protect our 2nd Amendment from those who seek to weaken and destroy it.
“The 2nd Amendment clearly defines the right of every law-abiding citizen to keep and bear arms – a freedom we must now work to preserve and protect for current and future generations of Tennessee gun owners.”
- Opposes any and all efforts to limit our gun rights
- Proud member of the National Rifle Association
- Endorsed by the National Rifle Association
A nation that cannot protect its borders cannot ensure its sovereignty.
“America is a magnet to those around the world who seek freedom and the opportunity for a better life for themselves and their families. We are, however, a nation of laws that must be respected.”
- Working with federal leaders to build a permanent physical barrier along our nation’s southern border
- Co-sponsor of legislation to permanently bar Tennessee driver’s licenses from being issued to illegal immigrants
- Sponsored legislation to require all Tennessee employers to verify the legal status of all prospective employees with the Department of Homeland Security
- Sponsored legislation to allow employers to require English in the workplace without fear of lawsuits
- Working to crack down on those who produce and use fraudulent documentation when applying for a job in Tennessee