Jack Johnson grew up in a small town, raised to understand the importance of family and the honor found in a hard day’s work, to preserve, protect and respect our freedoms, both for ourselves and others, and to take pride in a community that remembers its past, works in the present and focuses on the future.
Jack Johnson has proudly called middle Tennessee “home” since graduating from Texas State University with a degree in education.
Jack Johnson and his wife of 15 years, Deanna, a practicing attorney, are raising their three children in Leiper’s Fork, where they attend Gracepointe Church. Jack and Deanna met over 19 years ago at a Young Republican function, sharing the same conservative values and the same dream of a future filled with faith and family.
Jack Johnson has over 20 years of hands-on experience in the financial industry, beginning his career with Third National Bank (now SunTrust) and currently working in the asset management division of Pinnacle Financial Partners.
As our State Senator, Jack Johnson proudly represents the 23rd District, including Williamson and southern Davidson Counties. When the day’s work is done, Jack enjoys spending time with his family, playing guitar, and flying.
- Senate member of the 105th – 107th General Assemblies
- Secretary, Republican Caucus
- Chairman, Senate Commerce Committee
- Member and former Chairman, Senate Government Operations Committee
- Vice Chair, Senate Energy and Environment Committee
- Chairman, Joint Commerce, Labor and Agirculture subcommittee of Government Operations
- Member, Second Look Commission
- Member, Capitol Commission
- Member, Joint Select Oversight Committee on Corrections (105th General Assembly)
- Member, Joint Select Oversight Committee on TennCare (105th General Assembly)
- Member, Charitable Gaming Oversight Committee (105th General Assembly)
- Member, Senate General Welfare, Health and Human Resources Committee (105th General Assembly)
- Assistant Floor Leader, Republican Caucus (105th General Assembly)
- Member, Williamson County Republican Party
- Member, Davidson County Republican Party
- Banking Coalition for Congressman Marsha Blackburn
- 2006 Delegate to Southern Republican Leadership Conference
- 2004 District Chairman, Bush/Cheney
- 2002 Regional Chairman, Van Hilleary for Governor (Williamson & Davidson Counties)
- 2000 County Chairman, Bill Frist for Senate
- 1998 Volunteer, Ed Bryant for Congress, Van Hilleary for Congress
- 1996 Volunteer, Fred Thompson for Senate
- 1994 Volunteer, Bill Frist for Senate, Fred Thompson for Senate
- 1992 Volunteer, Bush/Quayle
- Member Gracepoint Church
- Worship Arts Committee, Gracepointe Church
- Member, South Nashville Civitan
- Member, Williamson County-Franklin Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Springhill Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Brentwood-Cool Springs Chamber of Commerce Advisory Board
- Member, Williamson County Child Advocacy Center Advisory Board
- Member, Monroe Harding Children’s Home Board
- Member, Williamson County Fair
- Member, National Rifle Association
- Member, AOPA